Sunday 24 November 2013

Project 5 samples finished!!!!



Ok so all 6 of my samples are now finished and hung up ready for presentation. The last 3 samples are quite different from the first 3. There is no felting used in any of these samples. The first of these 3 is a fabric using elastic within the warp. I put an elastic thread in every inch across a 10 inch warp. 



The second of these 3 samples was done on a new warp with a lighter red on the bottom layer. This sample has warp floats floating over the bottom fabric.


 
The last of my 6 samples has floats in the weft instead of the warp. I also used fishing wire within the weft to show more of the bottom fabric underneath. The floats were created by removing sections of warp after weaving and before finishing. 



I'm really pleased with the way my samples have turned out and have picked which ones I will be using for my final bag fabric. Fingers crossed that it works!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment