Saturday 8 February 2014

Final project

For my final project I have decided to go back to the reason why I started my textiles HNC in the first place, Bradford's woollen history. 

It's something that I've been interested in since I learned to knit 7 years ago. Been a Yorkshire lass and having family from abroad who worked in the textile industry, I've always felt at home in Bradford's Industrial Museum. As my dad used to deliver wool here, I decided it would bring my whole experience on the HNC full circle: I started my HNC with a love of the woollen history, I've finished it with the same love but with a greater understanding of the processes involved.

I started my project proposal and initial research over Christmas and I've been looking at recycled materials, 100% wool and recycled yarns in colours and textures I've taken from the Industrial Museum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment